Cooler weather, changing leaves, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and great outdoor activities: It’s officially fall. It’s time for fun activities like apple picking and foliage-filled walks. It may also be an ideal time to spruce up your home before the cold weather comes. But what do you need to do? Our checklist may help you keep track of all of your fall home improvement projects.
What to do Inside:
- Check your heater
- Clear vents and chimneys
- Take out window screens
- Re-seal any drafty windows or doors
- Take steps that may prevent pipe freezing
- Reverse ceiling fans (so they run clockwise)
- Check the water heater
- Complete any fireplace maintenance
What to do Outside:
- Close the swimming pool if you have one
- Inspect and fix the roof
- Buy a snow blower
- Get rid of dying summer plants
- Clean the gutters
- Drain hoses and cover outdoor faucets
- Empty gas from the lawn mower
Follow these steps, and you may be prepared for everything facing you this winter. As they say, winter is coming, and you don’t want to be caught unprepared.
Looking for a Home Contact Larry Mitchell Broker Associate, ABR, CRS, GRI with Century 21 Randall Morris & Associates at 254 681 5115 or www.Harker Heights Homes.com for your home find, selling, relocating and thank you for your referrals.