Texas Veterans Land Board Interest Rates for the week starting Oct 22, 2016 are 3.86% and veterans with a 30% or more service connected disability the rate is 3.36%.
A VLB Home Loan may be used to purchase a home that meets these requirements:
- Must be the veteran’s primary residence
- Must be located in Texas
- Must be a single family attached or detached home, town home, or condominium
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years prior to the closing date of the loan.
- Manufactured / modular homes may be eligible. Contact the VLB or participating lender to confirm.
- All new construction homes must meet:
- The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified; OR
- A HERS Index Score of 75 or less following the RESNET National Home Energy Rating Standards and must have an energy rating Certificate that documents the HERS Index score of 75 or less